Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different version of the funky fat free muffins by ladypit. It is made with choc. chip. I love this recipe! I try to use organic ingredients and really good choc. chips like Guittard.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the brown sugar, egg whites, and vanilla. Make sure they are well mixed.
- Add the mashed banana (ripened and brown about 5) Mix well.
- Add the applesauce and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the flours, the baking soda, and the salt until all is mixed up.
- Stir the flour mixture into the bananas. Stirring until well mixed, but just until mixed.
- Make sure your muffin tins are sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add the batter to your tins and place in the oven.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, checking at 18 minutes. You are looking for a toothpick inserted in the center to come out clean. If you make mini muffins they may take less time.