Recipe by Sacha Lynn
These are chocolate chip cookies with a hint of lime, which gives them a nice darker shade and a noticeably different taste. If you use the iced tea scoop instruction, instead of the tablespoon method, the cookies will take somewhere between 15 and 18 minutes to cook.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 7 teaspoons lime extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugars until they are fluffy (medium setting on a mixer).
- Gradually add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda with the butter mixture, beating at low speed (low setting on a mixer) until blended.
- Stir in lime extract and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto lightly greased cookie sheet with a tablespoon; for bigger cookies, I used an iced tea scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes (using the tablespoon), or 15-18 minutes (using the iced tea scoop) or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.