Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are chocolate chip cookies with a hint of lime, which gives them a nice darker shade and a noticeably different taste. If you use the iced tea scoop instruction, instead of the tablespoon method, the cookies will take somewhere between 15 and 18 minutes to cook.
- Beat butter and sugars until they are fluffy (medium setting on a mixer).
- Gradually add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda with the butter mixture, beating at low speed (low setting on a mixer) until blended.
- Stir in lime extract and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto lightly greased cookie sheet with a tablespoon; for bigger cookies, I used an iced tea scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes (using the tablespoon), or 15-18 minutes (using the iced tea scoop) or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.