1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chip Lentil Cookies
Adapted from Michael Smith, these cookies are everything you love in a chocolate chipper, with a nutty hint from both coconut oil and pureed lentils, not to mention less sugar thanks to organic xylitol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 8 (1 g) packets xylitol sugar substitute or 8 (1 g) packets sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup cooked lentils, pureed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chip (ideally bittersweet)
- 1/2 cup regular chocolate chips (ideally bittersweet)
- 1Preheat your oven to 375°F and line baking sheets with parchment or SilPat.
- 2Cream together the shortening, coconut oil, sugar and xylitol.
- 3Add the egg replacer, vanilla and lentil puree, beating in thoroughly.
- 4Add the dry ingredients (except chips) and mix to combine - do not beat, but there should be no visible flour.
- 5Fold in the chocolate chips.
- 6Drop tablespoons of dough 1-2” apart.
- 7Bake 9-10 minutes. Cool on the sheet.
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Lentil Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
xylitol sugar substitute
Ener-G Egg Substitute