Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Michael Smith, these cookies are everything you love in a chocolate chipper, with a nutty hint from both coconut oil and pureed lentils, not to mention less sugar thanks to organic xylitol.
- 1⁄4 cup non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 8 (1 g) packets xylitol sugar substitute or 8 (1 g) packets sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup cooked lentils, pureed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip (ideally bittersweet)
- 1⁄2 cup regular chocolate chips (ideally bittersweet)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line baking sheets with parchment or SilPat.
- Cream together the shortening, coconut oil, sugar and xylitol.
- Add the egg replacer, vanilla and lentil puree, beating in thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients (except chips) and mix to combine - do not beat, but there should be no visible flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of dough 1-2” apart.
- Bake 9-10 minutes. Cool on the sheet.