- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup of the sugar and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir in flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining sugar evenly over tops.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 24 minutes or until puffed, light golden and a skewer inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.