Lemon and chocolate are always a smashing combo, and here they result in an out-of-sight muffin.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Lemon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup of the sugar and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir in flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining sugar evenly over tops.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 24 minutes or until puffed, light golden and a skewer inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
Super yummy! Didn't change a thing. They turned out light and fluffy.
Made these for PAC 2006. Great, not too sweet muffins. Will had more lemon next time since I love lemon! The only change I made was to use low fat milk and margarine. Thanks for a great muffin recipe!