Chocolate chip butter cookies encasing Hershey's Kisses and drizzled with melted chocolate. For the whimsy hidden in all of us!
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Unwrap kisses; set aside.
- Cream the butter, both sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add the flour gradually; blend until smooth.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips just to incorporate.
- Shape a scant tablespoons of dough around each kiss, covering completely; mold into balls.
- Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes on sheets, then transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- At this point, you can serve the cookies as is, dust them with powdered sugar, drizzle them with hot fudge topping or the chocolate drizzle.
- Chocolate drizzle: Melt the chocolate chips and shortening together over low heat, stirring until completely melted. Drizzle over tops of cookies using the tines of a fork.