Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A cake like cookie with a kiss inside I found on the hershey website. They key to this cookie is to bake just until firm not brown. I was nervous making this recipe as it has no eggs but it turned out wonderful.
- 1 (9 ounce) bag Hershey chocolate kisses
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup hersheys semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup hershey semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Remove wrappers from Hershey kisses.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour to butter mixture: blend until smooth.
- Stir in Hershey's semi-sweet mini baking chips.
- Mold scant tablespoons of dough around each hershey kiss covering it completely.
- Shape into balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly and then remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare chocolate drizzle if desired and drizzle over each cookie.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Place 1/4 cup Hershey's semi-sweet mini baking chips and 1 teaspoon shortening in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave at high for about 30 seconds and stir.
- If necessary microwave an additional 20 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
These cookies couldn't have been easier. I was a little leary about the no eggs thing, but they truly did turn out just perfect. I also liked it because the cookies didn't spread and I could put a ton of them on one cookie sheet. It was a fun project for my 5 year old and me on a weeknight. We skipped the chocolate drizzle, because I wanted to keep it simple. I would highly recommend this recipe. The only thing I can say to people who are leary of trying it is that when you add the flour, beat the living heck out of it because it looks dry at first, but it will turn into dough, and when you add the mini chips, I kneaded them in with my hands instead of a spoon, because the dough is so stiff. I had no trouble with this recipe at all and I will be making it again and again!