Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Putting chocolate chips in these refrigerator cookies make them deliciously different.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans. Shape into a 9-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.