Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a party-size ice cream sandwich that everyone will love. I use two 9-inch-diameter cake pans so that the cookies keep their round shape when baking. Prep Time does not include freezing!!!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Preheat oven to 175°C Line two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with baking paper. Sift flour, baking soda and salt into small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until well blended. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop half of dough by large spoonfuls into each prepared pan; spread evenly. Bake cookies until light golden, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies in pans on racks. Carefully turn out cookies; peel off parchment and freeze.
- Place 1 cookie, top side up, in 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Spread evenly with ice cream. Top with remaining cookie, top side up; press gently to adhere. Cover pan and freeze ice cream cake at least 5 hours. (Cake and sauce can be prepared 3 days ahead.).
- Cut around cake with small knife to loosen. Release pan sides. Let cake stand until ice cream is slightly softened, about 20 minutes. Cut cake into wedges.