Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
An easy to prepare, frozen dessert.
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup (Nesquik works well)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies for an example)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream or 1 quart mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened (or any other flavour you desire. Frozen yogurt also works well, but you might want to cut back on th)
- Using butter or vegetable oil (spray oil like PAM can be used), lightly coat bottom and sides of an 8-inch pie plate.
- Combine chocolate chips and syrup in a small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH (100% power) until hot, about 45 seconds.
- The chocolate chips will keep their shape even after heating them up.
- Stir mixture until smooth and put aside 1/4 cup of it in reserve for later use.
- Mix remaining chocolate mixture with the cereal in a medium bowl until the cereal is well coated with the chocolate.
- Press cereal mixture over bottom and sides of the prepared pie plate to create a crust.
- Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Combine reserved chocolate with the sour cream in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread half the ice cream into the prepared pie plate.
- Drizzle with half the sour cream/chocolate mixture.
- Top with the remaining ice cream and drizzle again with the sour cream/chocolate mixture.
- Freeze pie, covered with plastic wrap, until firm.
- About 1 hour.
- Cut up into slices and serve for dessert.
- Tip: Keep a small bowl or tall glass of hot water handy when you cut the pie.
- Before cutting each slice, dip the knife into the hot water to make it slip easier through the ice cream.