Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
“Our nickname for this pie - candy bar ice cream pie - indicates how many wonderful flavors it has.” This is from an old cook book I found called “Grandma’s Kitchen”
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- Coat bottom and sides of an 8-inch pie plate lightly with butter.
- Combine chocolate syrup and chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH (100% power) until hot for about 45 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the chocolate mixture.
- Combine remaining chocolate mixture and cereal in a medium bowl and mix to coat cereal.
- Press mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate
- Freeze until firm about 15 minutes.
- Combine reserved chocolate mixture and sour cream in a small bowl, mix well.
- Spread half the ice cream in the prepared pie plate.
- Drizzle with half the sour cream mixture
- Top with remaining ice cream and drizzle with remaining sour cream mixture.
- Freeze covered pie for 1 hour or until firm.