Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great desert for chocolate lovers.
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- Coat bottom and sides of an 8 inch pie plate lightly with butter.
- Combine chocolate syrup and chips in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high until hot, about 45 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the chocolate mixture.
- Combine remaining chocolate mixture and cereal in a medium bowl and mix to coat cereal.
- Press mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
- Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Combine reserved chocolate mixture and the sour cream in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread half the ice cream in the prepared pie plate.
- Drizzle with half the sour cream mixture.
- Top with remaining ice cream and drizzle with remaining sour cream mixture.
- Freeze pie, covered, until firm, about 1 hour.