1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
1 hr 20 mins
Jocelyn Villalon's Note:
This recipe originates from the Whole Foods Market website. After a few tries, I tweaked the recipe slightly. Now these granola bars are a family favorite, and I feel good about feeding them the wholesome treat. Use organic ingredients if you can! (Preparation time includes toasting and cooling the oats.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spread oats onto an un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- 3Mix oil, honey and vanilla in a large bowl.
- 4Add cooled oats, chocolate chips and nuts (if using) and mix well. (Note: If the oats are still warm at all, the chocolate chips will melt.).
- 5Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper and mist with oil.
- 6Spread the mixture evenly onto the parchment.
- 7Lay a sheet of waxed paper over the mixture and press to compact. (I use the palms of my hands to start, and then I use the bottom of a drinking glass to make the surface as smooth as possible.).
- 8Remove the waxed paper and use a rubber spatula to press in any of the oats that may have "straggled" up the sides of the dish.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes.
- 10Cool completely and lift parchment from the dish.
- 11Cut into 16 bars.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g