Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on the Dollar Stretcher site. These aren't what I would call "granola" bars but, it doesn't matter what you name them, they're good! I like them better with raisin instead of the chocolate chips.
- Cream together the sugars and butter until fluffy.
- Add the honey, vanilla, egg and mix well.
- Blend in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
I changed it up so I need to rate this that way I won't loose my version of this. Follow Recipe, left out wheat germ cause I didn't have any but added 3/4 cup chocolate chips, 3/4 cup craisins, 3/4 chopped almonds, and 3/4 cup coconut. baked for 22 minutes. PHENOMENAL!!!
Yum! I already had all items, so was perfect. Didn't add the choc chips, but plenty sweet without. I did throw in some flax. I call them candy bars! They look dry, but are soft & moist. Easy too.
Wow.. these have become a staple in our home now... Everybody loves them and they go quickly... Thanks for posting...