Recipe by Chef Dudo
Got this in an e-mail. If I remember correctly it was from McCormick. As we are not too fond of frostings or glazes I have not made the glaze that was stated in the original recipe, thus I cannot vouch for that. But-the cake is delicious even without glazing!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Vanilla Butter Glaze
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
- Sieve together flour, cocoa, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and molasses in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in egg.
- Add flour mixture alternately with water, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in chips.
- Pour into prepared pan
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare vanilla butter glaze by mixing all ingredients until well blended and smooth.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon over completely cooled cake.