Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cake was brought to work by one of my friends and I begged her for the recipe. It is extremely moist due to the fact that it is frozen for at least 2 days until you defrost it and serve it. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have this in your freezer? I have kept this for a month in the freezer and it is still great!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) instant chocolate pudding mix, dry
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) vanilla instant pudding mix, dry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 12 -16 ounces chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and then foil. Put in freezer for 2 days before serving. Defrost before serving.
This is a good cake with lots of flavor and the chocolate chips are wonderful in it. My family enjoyed it and it is pretty moist. Thanks for sharing.
Fabulous. I could not believe that freezing it would keep it moist as most cakes dry out - but not this one! The next time I think I'm going to reverse some of the ingredients - like chocolate cake and white chocolate chips or even peanut butter chips! Thanks! Made for Beverage Tag Game March 2008
This cake was so good and moist. This would be great to keep on hand in the freezer for unexpected events and you need something good and quick. My son keeps asking when I'm going to make another one.