Top Review by llama_land123
If you've actually been to Rice To Riches like I have, you'll be sorely disappointed with this recipe. There is an overpowering taste of orange zest that is not in the real Chocolate Chip Flirt. Not to mention way too much chocolate that changes the color of this to not even resemble the real thing. It would be closer if you removed the orange zest and decreased the chocolate amount. Overall, if you're expecting the Rice To Riches' Chocolate Chip Flirt, this isn't it. I should've known better than to follow a recipe that has been posted all over the internet using the metric system. If you're just looking for a chocolate rice pudding, this is ok.
- 1 liter full-cream milk
- 250 ml cream
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup italian risotto rice
- 200 g coarsely chopped dark chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything, except the chocolate, into a heavy based saucepan and bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Simmer 30 minutes until rice is tender and mixture thick and creamy.
- Temove from heat and add chocolate. Stir a couple of times to give a ripple effect.
- Serve warm or cold.