Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just threw this together one morning when my 2-year old was on one of his hunger strikes. turned out better than expected. Of course, my son didn't touch it, but my husband, his mom and his grandma couldn't get enough. VERY GOOD!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- In mixing bowl thoroughly stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine egg, milk and cooking oil; add all at once to dry ingredients, beating until blended.
- Pour in chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- Bake on hot lightly greased griddle.
- Makes about 32 dollar-size pancakes or 6-8 4-inch pancakes.
My children could not stop saying how good these were. They absolutely loved them. They are very filling too. The batter is thicker than I am used to so that will take some adjustments. VERY VERY GOOD!!!
These were fun! The recipe made about 16 3 - 4" pancakes. I thought 2 tbs baking powder sounded like a lot, so I cut it in half. I also sprinkled the chips in after spooning them on the griddle. Good recipe! Thanks!