Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
Priscilla Yee won the “Seductive Sweets” category of the Quaker Oatmeal "For Your Heartthrob" recipe contest with this recipe.
- 1 cup quick oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup chopped salted roasted almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dulce de leche or 1⁄2 cup caramel sauce
- 28 inches flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine oats, 1/2 cup of the flour, the brown sugar and cinnamon; stir to mix completely.
- Add butter; stir until evenly moistened.
- Stir in almonds.
- In small bowl, stir together dulce de leche and 2 tablespoons flour until blended.
- Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets.
- Spread each tortilla with dulce de leche mixture to within 1/2 inch of edge; sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup chocolate chips, then oat topping.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips over top.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until oat mixture is golden brown and tortilla is crisp on bottom.
- Cool at least 5 minutes.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges.
- Serve warm or cool.