Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Most favorite bars as a kid
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 225 g chocolate chips, 1 package
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Combine butter, flour, brown sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Mix with a fork and then with fingers until blended.
- Sprinkle into an 8 inch squae pan and press firmly to cover bottom of pan and bake 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs, add brown sugar and vanilla, beat again.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in coconut, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread over crust in pan and bake 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and cut in bars.
These were so simple to make and turned out wonderful...made for PAC Spring 2011...took them to euchre and everyone raved about them.