Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made this for a fundraiser - they were a hit! From "The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares" You can also add raisins for a healthier snack!
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together margarine and graham wafer crumbs. Press evenly into a 13 by 9 inch lightly greased pan.
- Pour condensed milk over base.
- Working in layers, sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips, then coconut, then nuts. Using a spatula, press down firmly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden.
- Place pan on a rack to cool completely, then cut into bars.
oh boy these are rich, a small piece goes a long way, made for my sweet-tooth DS, might cut the chocolate chips down to 1/2 cup next time as it very sweet, no complaints from my DS, he loved them, thanks Reds!...Kitten:)
These taste like a cross between a cookie and candy! It will satisfy your sweet tooth. I was a little worried while spreading the first layer as it was a little thin but they came out perfectly. I had to hide some in the freezer from myself but I bet they'll taste good frozen too!:)