For all you Chocolate Lovers with the richness of almond. I bet you can't eat just one! These cookies I make for the Holidays! Almond filling is defined (SOLO)it comes in only one size thats 12 1/2 ounces. Almond paste and filling are 2 different things! The almond filling give the cookie a very soft texture. www.solofoods.com
- 14 tablespoons butter or 14 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 can almond filling (Solo)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted with 2 tablespoon butter
- sugar, for sprinkling tops of cookies before baking
- Cream 14 tablespoons butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Beat in almond and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Blend in 6 ounces of chips.
- Chill till workable.
- Take a tablespoon of dough for each cookie shape into fingers (if needed use flour to help form cookies) and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Dip one side of cookie in chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper till set.