Recipe by grandma2969
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
These were okay muffins, but not what I was expecting at all. They didnt take as long to cook as mentioned, and the raised very nicely in the cooking process. They looked lovely, but they werent sweet at all. I was expecting them to be a little sweet, I want to try these again, but try to get them more sweet. Ill let you know how it turns out.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 400*.
- lightly spray muffin tins.
- in a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and soda -- stir to blend.
- in a seperate bowl, whisk milk, oil, eggs and vanilla.till smooth --
- add the liquid ingredients and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the dry ingredinets and fold just until evenly moistened -- do not overmix.
- divide batter evenly among the muffin tins, sprinkle the muffins with mini chocolate chips,(remainder) and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.20-22 minutes.
- cool on wire rack before removing from pan.