Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These puppies have tons of chocolate chips in them, so you are sure to get a little chocolae with evey bite.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 12 muffing cups with paper liners.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and 1/2 cup of butter at medium speed for 2 min or until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in 1 tsp vanilla.
- At low speed, alternately beat in four mixture with milk until incorporated, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Fill paper liners about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake for 23-28 min or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs attached. If the toothpick penetrates a chocolate chip, test another spot.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minute.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 2 Tbs butter at medium speed until blended and smooth.
- Beat in 1/2 tsp vanilla and almond extract.
- At low speed, beat in powdered sugar until well blended and smooth.
- Spread cupcakes with frosting and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.