Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chocolate chip cookies turned into a vegan cupcake sounds amazing. Unless you are talking about one of thos mass produced, hard, dish of "cookie-like-ness". If you are referring to a soft, warm, fresh out of the oven cookie from a Grandmother heart (kitchen), then I am all about it. Bring on the Vegan Chocolate Chip Cupcake. Found on Slice of Life's Facebook page, where they credit thesweetestvegan.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chocolate chips, sweetness of your choice
VEGAN CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond milk, canola oil, raw sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. They should be evenly disturbed, but be sure not to mix to much else they melt.
- Use an Ice Cream Scooper to evenly distribute the cupcake batter through out the lined cupcake tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. When a toothpick can be inserted into the center of a cupcake and removed with a few to no crumbs, they are done.
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE GANANCHE TOPPING DIRECTIONS:.
- Heat almond milk to a simmer, either in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Pour the hot almond milk over the chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Let them sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk for 3-4 minutes or until the chocolate sauce becomes thick and glossy.
- You can refrigerate it for about 10 minutes to get it to a thicker consistency, but you don't have to.
- Generouls spoon the chocolate sauce over the cupcakes and enjoy.
- ABOUT THE CUPCAKE PROJECT: "I am a vegan with a sugar addiction. Everyday I try to make recipes that satisfy my sweet tooth with as little added sugar and as many whole grains as possible." -thesweetestvegan.