- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream margarine, sugars, and vanilla; beat in egg.
- Sift and stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Spoon into 12 well-greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes; remove from oven.
- For topping: combine in small bowl salt, egg, and brown sugar.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, and vanilla.
- Spoon over hot cupcakes.
- Return to oven and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from muffin pan and cool on a wire rack.