A yummy, chocolaty treat!
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream margarine, sugars, and vanilla; beat in egg.
- Sift and stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Spoon into 12 well-greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes; remove from oven.
- For topping: combine in small bowl salt, egg, and brown sugar.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, and vanilla.
- Spoon over hot cupcakes.
- Return to oven and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from muffin pan and cool on a wire rack.
I made these up tonight for dessert and they are almost gone already(that's just between 2 people!). I will put them in my husband's lunch box for tomorrow's lunch for a treat! Thanks Kree, these are real good!
This is my very FIRST cupcake from scratch. I've been craving for home made chocolate chip cupcakes and I ran out of milk so this recipe is PERFECT! I uploaded a picture of my before & after. :) I made enough for 6 cupcakes and the recipe is exact to a T no waste! I'm bringing 5 cupcakes to work tomorrow for my boys.
I hope anyone that reads this will try it!
I made these for a bake sale so I didn't get to try any, but from what people said they were good. One guy even came back and asked for more-but that time we were out! Thanks for the great recipe, I will be sure to make again so that I can try some too!