Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Cupcakes, Cupcakes & More Cupcakes. DELICIOUS!
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat the oven at 325°F Insert liners into medium cupcakes pans.
- Prepare cupcakes. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Place butter, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts in mixing bowl, beating on medium speed until mixture is light and airy.
- Reduce speed to low, add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Gradually add one third of the dry ingredients (prepared in Step 2), one third of the milk, and repeat 3 times. Mix until ingredients are incorporated and batter is smooth.
- Add chocolate chips to mixture and stir.
- Fill the cupcake liners two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in cupcake's center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Prepare frosting: in a bowl placed over a pot of hot water, melt chocolate and butter, mixing until texture is smooth.
- Add salt, condensed milk, and corn syrup, mix.
- Remove from heat and set aside tio cool. When frosting cools and sets, spread a heaping tablespoon on top of each cupcake.
Rating this just for the cupcake part. I did not make the frosting. This recipe made 20 regular size cupcakes for me. The almond extract really adds alot to the flavor. I got alot of compliments on the cupcakes. They were moist and tender and somehow had that Toll House cookie taste to them.