Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this one at a recent cookie exchange.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, plus
- 2 teaspoons water or 1 large egg white
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup toasted rice cereal
- Preheat the oven to 375°F In a bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter with the brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy and beat in the egg yolk mixture or the egg white.
- Add the flour, the baking powder, the salt, and the vanilla, stirring until the dough is blended well, and stir in the chips and the cereal.
- Arrange level tablespoons of the dough 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake the cookies in the middle of the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden.
- Transfer the cookies with a spatula to a rack and let them cool.