From "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder" by JoAnne Fluke. These are awesome!
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (not necessary to sift)
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed (measure after crushing)
- 1 -2 cup chocolate chips (we like to use the mini's as they mix more evenly)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter and both sugars till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mixing well after each addition.
- Add baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour and corn flakes.
- After everything else is throughly combined, add chocolate chips.
- Form into 1-2 tablespoons sized balls, 12 cookie balls to a standard cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or till lightly golden on the edges. Let cool on the cookie sheet till cookie begins to set up some then transfer to cooling racks.
I must say these are different but totally enjoyable! I made these Friday for the workers, DH and BIL out at the barn (cottage) and they were GULPED down! I was amazed at how fast these were eaten. Of course they were taking 2 & 3 at a time. I did not have enough corn flakes and added in about a 1/4 cup of bran flakes. Great texture. As my DH and BIL are hard core chocolate chip cookie eaters I was unsure how receptive they would be but they were very receptive. Thank you PAC baby for a new way to make cookies. Will make these again next weekend for the worker bees.