Recipe by QueenBee49444
This recipe comes from the book "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder" by Joanne Fluke. I read the book while on vacation and would like to give the book to my Used Media Swap partner. I'm copying the recipe here so I can try the cookies someday. If you try the recipe before I get a chance, please leave a review to let me know if they are good. ps. the book was fun to read. (one more note: I guessed at the number of servings, not quite sure how many cookies this recipe makes.
Top Review by Sonny N.
I made a huge batch of these for my class last year and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved them, and I'll admit I ate half the huge bag the night before just because they were awesome (I didn't even care that they all crumbled in the bag).
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten (you can beat them with a fork)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (do not sift)
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes (just crush them with your hands)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (you can use up to 2 cups choc. chips if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter,
- add the sugars and stir.
- Add soda, salt, vanilla, and beaten eggs.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (rack in middle position).
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix well.
- Add flour and stir it inches.
- Add crushed corn flakes & chocolate chips.
- Mix it all thoroughly.
- Form dough into walnut-sized balls with your fingers.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet (12 to a standard sheet).
- Press balls down with a floured or greased fork - in a criss-crossed pattern.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then.
- remove to a wire rack until completely cool. (This is important-the rack makes them crisp.).