Recipe by Redsie
Yummy! Delicious! Light! Not too sweet - just perfect! Another great recipe from R. Reisman. I replaced the yogurt by low fat sour cream and it was still delicious!
- 8 ounces smooth 5% fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 9-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together ricotta, oil, and sugar, mixing well. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda; add to ricotta mixture in batches, alternating with the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour half the batter into prepared pan.
- To make filling: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon. Sprinkle half over the batter in the pan. Add remaining batter and top with remaining filling.
- Place pan in the centre of the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out dry.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack. After cake has cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar, if desired.
- Tips:A 9-inch springform pan can be used instead of a Bundt pan; check the cake at 30 to 40 minutes to see if it needs to bake a few minutes longer.