Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My favorite Chocolate Cheese Pie
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12oz divided)
- 1 (9 ounce) graham cracker crumb crust (packaged)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and then stir in 1 2/3 cps chocolate chips.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes in oven at 450°F.
- Reduce temperature to 250°F; (without opening door) continue to bake another 30 minutes.
- Cover, refrigerate when cooled off until thoroughly chilled.
- Place remaining 1/2 chips and whipping cream in a microwave bowl and microwave at (high 100%) 20 to 30 seconds or until chips are melted.
- When slightly cool; spread over top of the cheese pie.
- Put in refrigerator for 15 minutes or until topping is set.
- Cover if there is any left over cheese pie.
- Note: always stir chocolate halfway through heating it in a microwave to prevent it for scorching.