Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is not your typical cheese ball -- it is a dessert cheese ball that is always a hit at parties. It tastes a lot like chocolate chip cookie dough. I serve it as an appetizer as well. Graham cracker sticks work really well with this recipe -- I use both regular and chocolate graham crackers. Prep time does not include 3 hours to chill. Enjoy! Viclynn
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml confectioners' sugar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 177.44 ml finely chopped pecans
- graham cracker
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the sugars, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover in plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Chill for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, roll the cheese ball in the chopped pecans.
- Serve with graham crackers.
Made for DD's holiday party. This was a big hit with the kids. We used graham crackers and vanilla wafers.
This is a wonderful tasting and easy dessert recipe!! I did have it in the refrig overnight and it did not set up, so I put it in a decorative dish and it worked great. I served animal crackers and vanilla wafers. The wafer were my favorite. Worked well for football tailgating!
Delicious, and certainly quite unique! This was a HUGE hit at a recent get-together. The flavors were lovely. Mine didn't quite look like a ball... I realized later that I used neufachatel instead of regular cream cheese, which is, of course, always a bit softer. It tasted GREAT, though, and the "log" shape made it nice for those who don't like nuts to wait until the top part was gone to snag some from the bottom. Thanks for sharing!