Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 473.18 ml cake flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 226.79 g unsalted butter, softened
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 340.19 g bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml rolled oats
- 59.14 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, melted
- Set oven rack to middle of oven; preheat to 350°.
- Butter and flour a 12-cup straight-sided tube pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar with the paddle on medium speed until soft and light, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Lower mixer speed to Low and add half the dry ingredients; scrape down side of bowl and beater.
- Beat in milk, then beat in remaining dry ingredients.
- Give batter a final mix with a large rubber spatula; fold in chocolate chips; spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Make crumb topping: stir all the dry ingredients together in a bowl; mix well.
- Stir in butter and continue stirring until the mixture forms large crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the batter.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until cake is well risen, the crumbs are golden, and pick comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a rack for about 15 minutes; invert cake to a plate, remove pan, then invert cake again onto the rack to cool completely.