1 hr 40 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Set oven rack to middle of oven; preheat to 350°.
- 2Butter and flour a 12-cup straight-sided tube pan; set aside.
- 3In a bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- 4In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar with the paddle on medium speed until soft and light, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- 6Lower mixer speed to Low and add half the dry ingredients; scrape down side of bowl and beater.
- 7Beat in milk, then beat in remaining dry ingredients.
- 8Give batter a final mix with a large rubber spatula; fold in chocolate chips; spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- 9Make crumb topping: stir all the dry ingredients together in a bowl; mix well.
- 10Stir in butter and continue stirring until the mixture forms large crumbs.
- 11Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the batter.
- 12Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until cake is well risen, the crumbs are golden, and pick comes out clean.
- 13Cool cake in pan on a rack for about 15 minutes; invert cake to a plate, remove pan, then invert cake again onto the rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.0
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 107.6 mg
- Sodium 183.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 6.9 g