Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From VeryBestBaking.com - too good not to post! Will try them soon!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour, oats and orange peel until crumbly.
- Stir in morsels and cranberries; reserve 2 cups mixture.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour over hot crust; sprinkle with reserved flour mixture.
- Bake for additional 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Always the first to go on my cookie tray this year. I thought they had a lot of flavors going on. Made half and used an 8x8 pan to bake.
Very good. First time making them, took them to church for fellowship this morning. Received alot of positive compliments, and actually... they look IDENTICAL to your picture :) Thanks for posting
These were a wonderful treat. I love the combination of cranberries and chocolate. These would be great for the holidays.