Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
BEST COOKIES EVER!!! My favorite childhood cookie! These cookies were my mother's favorite cookie to bake and later she would bake them for grandchildren and as gifts. They are crisp and tasty!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 cups rolled oats (1 minute type)
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
- Mix softened butter and sugars together. Cream well and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix in flour, rolled oats, chocolate chips, pecans and coconut.
- Drop onto a greased cookie sheet leaving one inch between cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 11 to 15 minutes. Bake until edges begin to brown. (Cookies are better not too brown.).
- Let cool one minute on cookie sheet and then place on paper towel to finish cooling.
Terrific cookies that my whole family loved. Young or old, these cookies will make you smile!
I remembered this cookie from my childhood too but thought it would be forgotten forever.. Thanks for posting!
I, too, made these with walnuts and they are wonderful! A nice change from my regular chocolate chip recipe. Mine look just like the picture. I used a small ice cream dipper and got 49 cookies. I shared some with friends who also loved them. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.