1/2 Photos of Chocolate Chip Cornbread
From bon appetit magazine -- a Casa Luna Bed & Breakfast recipe! The unusual addition of chocolate enhances the moistness and roasty corn flavor of this breakfast loaf. Can also be made as muffins --
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (For glass loaf pan, reduce oven temp to 350F.).
- 2Spray a 9x5x3 inch metal loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Stir in chocolate chips.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk milk, canola oil, and eggs.
- 6Add milk mixture to dry ingredients; stir just to blend.
- 7Transfer to prepared pan. Bake bread for about 35 minutes, until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool 10 minutes. Invert cornbread loaf onto rack ~ cool slightly and serve warm, or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.4
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 198.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 5.9 g