Boyz 5's Note:
"Oh!No! Not another chocolate chip cookie recipe"!!! Well, this one's different. This may be the only recipe you'll ever need as it gives variations on the basic recipe to suit your type of cookie preference. MY PERSONAL RECIPE HINT: For a truly chewy texture, it's important to melt the butter called for in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, soda and salt in small bowl.
- 2Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture.
- 4Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
- 5Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 6Bake in preheated 375 degrees oven for 9 to 11 minutes until golden brown.
- 7Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 8PEANUT BUTTER VARIATION: Prepare dough as above except substitute 1/2 cup butter and 3/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter for the 1 cup butter.
- 9Eliminate nuts.
- 10Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets; press down slightly.
- 11Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Makes four dozen.
- 13SLICE AND BAKE: Prepare dough as above.
- 14Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- 15Chill one hour or until firm.
- 16Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- 17Chill 30 minutes.
- 18Cut into half-inch slices; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 19Bake 8 to 10 minutes in preheated 375 degrees oven.
- 20Let stand 2 minutes; remove to racks to cool.
- 21FOR THIN, CHEWY COOKIES: Reduce granulated sugar to 1/2 cup and increase packed brown sugar to 1 cup.
- 22FOR THICK, CHEWY, OLD-FASHIONED COOKIES: Use half the amount of butter called for and drop by well-rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 23Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 24Store in airtight container to prevent drying.
- 25FOR PUFFIER COOKIES: Reduce butter to 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup solid shortening.
- 26FOR SOFT CAKEY COOKIES: Omit the granulated sugar and use 3/4 cup butter, 1 cup packed brown sugar and 3 eggs.
- 27Drop by well-rounded tablespoons on ungreased baking sheets.
- 28Flatten slightly with back of spoon dipped in water.
- 29Bake in preheated 375 degrees oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 30For more rounded cookie, do not flatten before baking; bake 9 to 11 minutes.
- 31FOR CRISPIER COOKIES: Use 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 1 egg.
- 32Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 33Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in water.
- 34Bake in preheated 375 degrees oven for 9 to 11 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookies ( With Variations )
Serving Size: 1 (1411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 107.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g