Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend of a friend gave me this recipe, so I am not sure where she got it from. This recipe makes a lot of cookies, and it is great when you are baking for a huge crowd. This cookie does not spread much making it thick and has a mouth load of chocolate (from the sprinkles and chocolate chips). I have left out the sprinkles and they still taste just as good. Since the batter comes out rather thick it is advisable to use a heavy duty stand mixer.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups chocolate sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- In a food processor place the oats and process until finely ground.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir chocolate chips, nuts and sprinkles.
- Roll into 1-1/2 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten out slightly with a glass.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool on wire racks.