Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The ultimate chocolate cookie recipe - it earns rave reviews wherever you take them! Add nuts, change them to white chocolate chip macadamia nut - this is a very flexible recipe!
- 295.73 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 177.44 ml crisco butter shortening (or 3/4 stick crisco butter shortening sticks)
- 29.58 ml milk
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml pecan pieces (optional)
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist), or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
- * If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
These cookies are so great! I used milk chocolate chips instead of the semi sweet but otherwise made as directed, well besides the fact that I *accidently* dumped in the whole bag of chips :) haha. They were so delicious...a little crunch on the outside and chewy on the inside. This one's a keeper!
MY OH MY !!! Very delicious cookies. I opted to use the pecans, and I made mine a little bigger. I ended up with 30. Nice , and chewy and soft. Made for Zaar Stars.
I made these this morning, as part of our Christmas cookies and they are wonderful!! I didn't have the butter flavored Crisco, so subbed 1/2 butter and the other half regular Crisco, in order to still have the butter flavor but also still have some of the texture the Crisco shortening provides. After first batch, I switched the temp. to 350 and added a little bit more flour, which isn't the recipes fault but mine for adding real butter. Thanks for sharing your great recipe!! Made for Sweet Traditions Tag Game!!