Recipe by sparklejem00
This recipe comes from Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious."
Top Review by jswinks
These are seriously so great! Thanks for posting! (and BTW - chickpeas and garbanzo beans are the same thing if you're searching the grocery aisle for them...) Also, after making these again, I realize that I pureed the beans last time, makes a much better cookie I think than the whole beans.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light margarine
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a cookie sheet with baking spray.
- Beat sugar and margarine until smooth.
- Beat in egg whites and vanilla, then add chickpeas and chocolate chips. Add flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto baking sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 min, until golden brown.