Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
This recipe comes from Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious."
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Cookies With Chickpeas recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a cookie sheet with baking spray.
- Beat sugar and margarine until smooth.
- Beat in egg whites and vanilla, then add chickpeas and chocolate chips. Add flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto baking sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 min, until golden brown.
These are seriously so great! Thanks for posting! (and BTW - chickpeas and garbanzo beans are the same thing if you're searching the grocery aisle for them...) Also, after making these again, I realize that I pureed the beans last time, makes a much better cookie I think than the whole beans.
These were so good! I had to toss the chickpeas and sugar mixture in the blender to make it smoothe. The cookies had a wonderful flavor ...my 13 month old LOVED them! So did I. They don't spread much when baking though. Next time I will flatten them just a little, so that we don't end up with deceptively delicious um biscuits! Thanks!
My kids loved this cookie and begged for seconds and thirds. I used the whole egg because I was too lazy to separate and I also tried it with mint chocolate chips. Awesome!