Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Recipe came from the Wiliams-Sonoma Cookies recipe book. Some tips: Preheat oven atleast 15 min before. Follow all instructions. Have butter at room temp and egg at room temp. before beginning.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly pcked light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet plain chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, then coarsley chopped (optional)
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F Have ready 2 ungreased baking sheets. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt onto a sheet of wax paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream the butter until fluffy and pale yellow. Add the granulated and brown sugars and continue beating until mixture is not too gritty when rubbed between your thumb and finger. Add the egg and vanilla and beat on low spead until blended, occasionaly stopping the mixer and scraping the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed just until blended. Add the chocolate chip cookies (and walnuts if using) and stir in with a spoon just until blended.
- Using a rounded tablespoon to measure, drop dough onto the baking sheets spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown around the edges, about 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool briefly in the pans on wire rackes before transferring them to the wire racks to cool completely.