Recipe by Mary Scheffert
From "The Stevia Cookbook" by Ray Sahelian MD & Donna Gates
Top Review by arose
I really enjoyed these! I replaced all purpose flour for Spelt flour, and I replaced chocolate chips Carob Chips - making them 100% sugar free and whole-grain. These definitely have a shortbread cookie texture - which I enjoyed! Definitely not a replicate of the traditional chocolate chip cookie - but that's impossible if you want a healthy cookie! Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet (or line with parchment paper) & set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift together the flour, salt & baking powder.
- Place the egg, stevia & vanilla in a large mixing bowl & beat well with a wooden spoon or hand-held electric mixer. Slowly add the butter, continuing to beat until the mixture is smooth & creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter onto the cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.