Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Tony Horton's Book "Bring It"
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 2⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 2⁄3 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons water or 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Combine wet ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together. Add wet mixture to dry and stir well with wood spoon. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place by the tablespoon on a baking sheet lined with Parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with a glass of cold Almond Milk.
In memory of my precious Son whose name happened to be Tony Horton, I'm going to bake these cookies. His favorite was Chocolate Chip so how can I not like them. Thanks for the recipe