zoe,owen,andliams mommy's Note:
My kids don't know they're eating white beans in chocolate chip cookies! They don't last for very long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
White bean puree (believe it or not this is a key ingredient in my chocolate chip cookie)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans (great northern, navy, butter or cannellini beans)
- 2 cups flaked whole grain cereal (such as Wheaties or Total)
- 1Rinse and drain the beans and put in the bowl of your food processor. Pulsing in on/off turns, puree the drained beans with just 1 tablespoon of water in processor until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl. The goal is a smooth, but not wet, puree. (You are aiming for the consistency of peanut butter.) If necessary, thin with a little more water by one teaspoonful at a time until there are no flecks of whole beans visible.
- 2Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days, or freeze 1/4 cup portions in sealed plastic bags or small plastic containers. Makes about 1 cup of puree. Double this recipe if you want to store another cup of puree.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with oil).
- 4Using a rolling pin, gently crush the cereal (in a sealed plastic bag) into coarsely crushed flakes. Alternatively, you can quickly pulse the cereal in a food processor.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Flour Blend, crushed cereal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, oil, vanilla, and ricotta cheese. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- 6Drop single tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets, leaving about an inch between cookies. Flatten cookies with the back of a fork and then sprinkle tops generously with cinnamon sugar (or just sugar if your kids don’t like the cinnamon flavor).
- 7Bake about 18 to 20 minutes, or until nicely browned and crispy around the edges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookies -The Sneaky Chef Way
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 120.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain cereal