Recipe by Koffeefreak
I found this recipe in a KitchenAid Cookbook. I'm not sure if this is the exact recipe, I make it so often I know it by heart.
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease large cookie sheet.
- In KitchenAid or mixing bowl, cream together sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla. Make sure it's nice and smooth.
- Gradually add flour, salt and soda.
- After desired consistently is achieved, slowly add chips.
- Let set in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. (Choc. Chip.Cookies always cook better when the dough and the pan are cool.). The cookies will cook MUCH larger than the dough ball so best to make a trial batch to figure out how big you want them).
- Put cookies in the oven for 10 minutes. No longer than 12 minutes.
- IMMEDIATELY take cookies off cookie sheet. They will still cook after they are out of the oven, the longer they sit on the sheet, the crunchier they will be.